Subject: Re: kaffe anyone?
To: brendan burns <bburns@wso.williams.edu>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/07/1999 22:22:03
At 16:07 Uhr +0200 07.10.1999, brendan burns wrote:
>I have downloaded the kaffe package and attempted to install it on NetBSD
>1.4.1. however when I run kaffe it says:
>	"_m68k_trampoline_ symbol not found."
>	(I'm paraphrasing a little)
>  Am I missing a dynamic library for the system?

Nope. Kaffe's JIT compiler generates machine code on the fly and must make
sure the CPU caches are flushed properly. for Kaffe 0.84 (the last JDK
1.0.2 compatible release) I hacked this up many moons ago and submitted the
diffs to Tim Wilkinson, but they never made it into later sources.

In the end, I didn't care too much as m68k is (at least) an order of
magnitude too slow for serious Java work, JIT or no.

	hauke