Subject: Re: More console goodies...
To: Adam Wight <adamw@holonet.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/27/1999 12:29:40
On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Adam Wight wrote:

> Okay, now that I know dt exists, I think I'm going to shift my focus from
> simply hacking the ite console to merging most of dt's goodies into the
> default kernel.  Is there enough interest in this to justify the work?
>
> Also, I would like to make fonts configurable at run-time, but I don't know
> what font formats I should use.  Any ideas?

I think if you're going to be hacking that much on the video system, you
should look at the wscons code. Scott (the port master) has made a cvs
branch with wscons changes on it for mac68k.

wscons is a console driver system which is shared among many NetBSD ports,
sucn as alpha, i386, and macppc for the three I use frequently. There are
more. We eventually want all ports to use it, so it's the better structure
to work in.

Take care,

Bill