Subject: Re: boot 1.4.1 failure
To: Roger Brown <rogerhb@xtra.co.nz>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/08/1999 18:09:41
Roger Brown wrote:
> Thanks for that,
>
> I had previously installed linux-m68k a long time ago, but zapped it because
> it did not recognize my ethernet card and have since been using NetBSD
> 1.3.3.
>
> I had been just zapping the partition with mkfs 45 but obviously that is not
> enough.
>
> I did a low-level format with Apple HD Setup, repartitioned, mkfs, NetBSD
> installer, and now it appears to work as it's supposed to.....

yeah, it must be setting some kind of bit in the partition table that it
shouldn't or something like that.  you might want to talk to bob nestor
about it as he might have some clue as to what is going on with mkfs (or
at least he might know what bit is/isn't getting set).

glad that helps.

later.

colin