Subject: Trying to upgrade to 1.4.1
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Roger Brown <rogerhb@xtra.co.nz>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/07/1999 15:13:59
I am trying to upgrade from 1.3.3 to 1.4.1 and am getting nowhere because
1.4.1 seems to think my single parition /dev/sd1a is an 'ext2fs' when it is
actually an 'ffs'. As this is the boot volume, the boot dies.

I have tried reformatting from scratch and reinstalling using the MacOS
installer tools, and also, reinstalling 1.3.3 and doing the upgrade from
within NetBSD, but each time it falls over at the same place on the final
reboot.

I have tried both sequences numerous times, both with 'kern.tgz' and
'kern_sbc.tgz'.

Mac IIcx, 8Meg RAM, two harddisks, only one setup for NetBSD and swap.

Any help gratefully received.

Regards

Roger