Subject: Re: libpthread.so.1.60 on NetBSD 1.3.3
To: Andy Finnell <andyf@vei.net>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@oreilly.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/06/1999 23:54:46
Andy Finnell wrote:
> Roger Brown wrote:
> >
> > I have just repeated the build using the 'NetBSD-current' pkgsrc on
> > 'NetBSD-1.3.3' and got the same results (can't build machdep_sys_lseek due
> > to redef of syscall and duplicated symbols sigsuspend/sigprocmask).

> Where is syscall being duplicated?  Look at the code; it should only be
> a declaration.

That machdep_sys_lseek thing is mysterious.  It works on 1.3.3/i386 and
1.3.3/sparc.  Posting the actual error messages might provide some
clues.

> For the sigsuspend/sigprocmask look in the syscall.S and
> syscall-template.S file.  In your case ( NetBSD 1.3.X ), these two
> functions should be generated in syscall.S, but not in
> syscall-template.S.  Can you verify that this is happening ( or in fact
> no happening )?

Well, the sigsuspend/sigprocmask error is clear.  The 1.3 compat
syscalls were introduced *after* the 1.3 release (i.e. in -current).
1.3.x has just the regular SYS_sigsuspend etc. #defines.
So, that should just be SYS_sigprocmask etc in syscall-m68000-netbsd.S.

--
Christoph Badura					www.netbsd.org

	Anything that can be done in O(N) can be done in O(N^2).
	-- Ralf Schuettau (after looking at a particular piece of code)