Subject: IDE (Re: IIFX support)
To: None <ryan@gstis.net>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/05/1999 20:43:10
On Fri, 3 Sep 1999 22:19:39 -0700 (PDT), ryan@gstis.net wrote:
> 	Speaking of the Q630, what's the status on IDE? I've got a ton of
> big IDE drives at work I could stick in it, but they do me no good if I
> can't use them with NetBSD...

I put a snapshot of my experimental work on IDE driver on
ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/private/kenn/IDE/.  It's based on more than a
year old current so you probably need quite a lot of work to port it
to a 1.4-ish system.  I got a number of reports it worked somewhat,
but there was a weird interrupt-related problem I could never solve
without a hardware at hand.

Whoever wants to give it a shot and take over the development, feel
free.  I'll try to give you as much support as I can.

Ken