Subject: Re: Building KDElibs problems
To: Sergey Ivanov <sergey57@bigfoot.com>
From: Alex Zepeda <jazepeda@pacbell.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/27/1999 18:57:44
On Fri, 27 Aug 1999, Sergey Ivanov wrote:

> Trying to build KDE I've encountered the next problem: it reports about
> exhausting virtual memory on compiling addressbook.cc in kdelibs-1.1.1/kab
> directory.
> First there were 37M at /dev/sd0b and 56M at /dev/sd1b while real ROM is
> 17M. To be sure I've added 70M else at /dev/sd1a, so getting total amount
> of virtual memory 163M.  After getting the same make log, attached here, I
> decided to ask here what to do.

It's probably worth your while to try and comment out kab.  It makes
*heavy* use of the STL, which will create runtime slowness, and bloat
compile times amazingly.  Nothing really uses it except for the kab
utility in kdeutils and korganizer.

This is also perhaps a good idea for the pkgsrc tree as some sort of
option.

- alex