Subject: Re: About LinuxPPC & NetBSD
To: <>
From: Dave Schmitt <dschmi1@umbc.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/17/1999 12:19:27
On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Eric Damien Berna wrote:

> I can see two reasons to want to switch to LinuxPPC.  One, that you
> want to try Linux, and two, that you want to run a Unix clone on you
> Power Mac hardware.  If it's the first, have fun, and maybe you'll be
> back when you want to use the system instead of learn the system.  Or
> maybe not, it depends upon which you prefer after trying both.   If
> it's the second, then I recommend you stick with NetBSD, and not
> waste your time learning about all the differences so you can setup
> the machine to do what you want.

Actually, there is another reason related to the second -- you have a
PowerMac which NetBSD/macppc does not support. For instance, at work I have
an 8100 which is only supported by MkLinux and an iMac which is supported by
either NetBSD/macppc or LinuxPPC; at home I have a 5200/75LC which isn't
supported by anybody d:(

--
Dave Schmitt <dschmi1@umbc.edu>