Subject: Re: Color Depth (was: Re: NetBSD and Battery Level tool?)
To: None <cruller@unicom.net, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/17/1999 09:25:09
>I know I'm not telling most of you anything new but FWIW this is 16 bit
>colour, e.g. 2^16 = 65536.  32768 is 15 bit e.g. 2^15.  16bit is a
>supported resolution, 15 bit is not, in the monitors control panel.  In

Umm, well actually on the Mac 16-bit colour is actually 15-bit colour. You
have 3 colours, and 3 doesn't go into 16, so they pack 3 5-bit values into
a 16-bit word & don't use the upper bit.

Dan Killoran

Got a device you would like to have run on the Mac? Call:
                 Daniel-the-Driver-Maker
      Fast service - accurate work - responsive support

         (Offer void wherever taxed or prohibited!)