Subject: Re: Ahhhh!!!
To: Nathan Raymond <nate@portents.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/06/1999 08:19:26
> >	fsck -T ffs:"-c 2" /pub
> >Assuming that works, remount the filesystem and see if it's still
> >behaving oddly.
>
> Did all that, still reports the same bogus info.

Hmm...  Try converting to level 3.  If this is an empty file system and
converting to level 3 doesn't work, try running newfs within NetBSD.  If
you could, though, do dumpfs and save the output first...

> >If your system is configured so you can send internet mail from it, just
> >run send-pr and fill out the form.  I'd probably choose category 'kern'
> >for this one.  If you try converting the filesystem, definitely mention
> >that (and the results) in the PR.
>
> Ah.  Haven't got around to configuring sendmail yet (I'm on a dialup
> connection, so it hasn't been a priority).  I'll see if I can get to
> that this week.

You can also fill the send-pr form out and just send it by hand from
another system.  Send-pr creates all the headers and stuff for you--just
strip off the top part of the PR and send it to gnats-bugs@gnats.netbsd.org.

> While we're on the topic of bugs, does everyone else observe the
> following bug in passing options to init:
>
> 4 speedbump: /home/nate> kill -s HUP 8752
> s: Unknown signal; kill -l lists signals.

Is that one in the FAQ?  You're probably using tcsh, which has a
built-in kill command.  If you run /bin/kill, you'll see the documented
behavior.

-allen