Subject: newbie and pkg_add
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Colomb <amcolomb@students.wisc.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/01/1999 15:10:39
	I'm trying to install some software packages that are on a CD in
.tgz formats.  After figuring out how to mount the damn cd (hey, it wasn't
very obvious to me), I made my way through the directories to the specific
pkg I wanted to install.  I tried using "pkg_add mosiac-2.7b5.tgz" and it
gave me four failed dependencies and quit.  The CD I got was suppost to
have everything I needed to get going, and I would imagine it would have
all the files needed to get the packages running.  The dependencies in
question are jpeg-6b, lesstif-0.87.1, png-1.0.3, and xpm-3.4k.
	Also, I feel dumb asking these questions on this list.  I've got
many more to ask as well (why the hell are all the windows in X so damn big
on startup all the time?, skeleton .xinit files) and I would like to try
and find a faq or site with answers to these questions rather than waste
everyone's time.  I've looked but to no avail.  Any suggestions.  Thankyou,

Alex Colomb