Subject: Re: Q900 info
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Ryan Ordway <sammael@pacifier.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/20/1999 08:50:03
At 12:04 AM -0700 7/20/99, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
>On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Ryan Ordway wrote:
>
>> 	Then it prints the copyright and dies somewhere before the kernel
>> version is displayed. So it appears to be somewhere in the UVM code? What
>> has changed in the UVM code between 06061999 and -current? Because the 1.3C
>> GENERIC kernel that I have boots just fine on the Q900.
>
>That sounds just like a bug in the suppable 1.4.1 release (pr7895).
>Look in locore.s for a misplaced rts--m68881_restore() has two;
>delay() has none.

	Well, the kernel I built last night was built with the fixed
locore.s and still freezes in the same place before the kernel version
message is printed. Pressing the interrupt switch does nothing, so that
makes debugging a bit hard... and without ADB I can't boot straight into
the debugger and step to the freeze, so I'm trying to dig through uvm_init
and try to find WHERE it's dying. I don't see any PR's mentioning any kind
of UVM problems... *mutter mutter sigh*

	Ryan
--
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!