Subject: Quadra 9xx stories and serial port card
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ryan Ordway <sammael@pacifier.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/30/1999 21:21:51
	I am working on getting my Quadra 900 back from a friend (who I
loaned it to awhile back when there was no talk of work on the IOPs) and am
wondering whether anyone has tried any of the new -current kernels with
Allen Briggs' IOP support? I would LOVE to get this machine working fully
and once I have it back I will be a very willing tester. I downloaded the
snapshot from June 6th a week or more ago and have it on zip to install
onto the Q900 once I have it back. This is the same machine that I used to
test Allen's patches for the external SCSI bus and I would LOVE to use it
to help get the ADB and DMA serial working.

	Speaking of the serial ports, I heard that they were usable in
compat mode right now... are the patches supposed to support the serial
ports in DMA mode as well, or just the ADB?

	I've also mentioned a 4-port QuadraLink serial port card before...
someone else mentioned that they were working on a driver for it. Any luck
with this?

	Finally I might have another usable NetBSD system! :-)

	Ryan
--
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!