Subject: Re: Snapshot
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Mat=EDas?= Giovannini <matias@k-bell.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/25/1999 15:16:31
Colin Wood wrote:

> [Mat_as] Giovannini wrote:
> > Um, I tried GENERIC-5, GENERICSBC-5 (no need actually, but just to be
> > sure), and MRG-5 on my Q800/20Mb/500Mb.
> > GENERIC kernels since 1.4 release have this weird effect on me, er, my
> > machine, that the keyboard (Series II Extended ISO) is initially WITH
> > CAPS LOCK ON. MRG, on the other hand, correctly boots in caps lock off.
>
> needless to say, this is really, really, weird....i can't think of
> anything offhand which would cause this to occur.  you can toggle it off,
> right?

Yes, I can; but it's somewhat annoying. I gather from your astonishment
that nobody else is having this problem?

> > If things go right, should I install the rest of the snapshot?
>
> if you really want to run -current, sure ;-)

Um, it's a production server. I'm I safe? ;-)

> > While I'm at it (I know, this is the last thing), I'm having this
> > problem much too frequently:

[>8]

> > I "ifconfig sn0 up" a couple of times, but it gets worse and worse until
> > I better reboot it. I would appreciate ideas about this.
>
> you got me on this one....either you're getting too many packets too
> quickly or else you ethernet interrupts aren't being serviced fast
> enough...

It could be the traffic generated by Retrospect; on the other hand I
don't see an unusually high packet count with netstat.

But why doesn't the driver just scratch the buffer and continue instead
of shutting the interface down?

Best regards,
Matías.

--
Do I contradict myself? Very well then, I contradict myself.
I am large, I contain multitudes.