Subject: Re: Snapshot
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Mat=EDas?= Giovannini <matias@k-bell.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/25/1999 11:42:34
Space Case wrote:

> I have uploaded a new snapshot to:
>
>   ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/binary/
>
> This snapshot is based on June 22 sources.

Um, I tried GENERIC-5, GENERICSBC-5 (no need actually, but just to be
sure), and MRG-5 on my Q800/20Mb/500Mb.
GENERIC kernels since 1.4 release have this weird effect on me, er, my
machine, that the keyboard (Series II Extended ISO) is initially WITH
CAPS LOCK ON. MRG, on the other hand, correctly boots in caps lock off.

All three kernels boot just fine. I'm now running MRG-5 in that machine,
our nameserver; so I guess it will get a good workout.

If things go right, should I install the rest of the snapshot? Is there
any account of what changes from snapshot to snapshot?

While I'm at it (I know, this is the last thing), I'm having this
problem much too frequently:

$ zcat /var/log/messages*.gz | grep exhausted
Jun 11 11:22:17 nameserver /netbsd: sn0: receive buffer area exhausted
Jun 12 13:13:15 nameserver /netbsd: sn0: receive buffer area exhausted
Jun 15 17:44:01 nameserver /netbsd: sn0: receive buffer area exhausted
Jun 16 13:38:02 nameserver /netbsd: sn0: receive buffer area exhausted
Jun 17 10:09:08 nameserver /netbsd: sn0: receive buffer area exhausted
Jun 22 16:38:05 nameserver /netbsd: sn0: receive buffer area exhausted
Jun 24 13:28:41 nameserver /netbsd: sn0: receive buffer area exhausted
Jun 24 17:30:40 nameserver /netbsd: sn0: receive buffer area exhausted

I "ifconfig sn0 up" a couple of times, but it gets worse and worse until
I better reboot it. I would appreciate ideas about this.

Thank you all, best regards
Matías.

--
Do I contradict myself? Very well then, I contradict myself.
I am large, I contain multitudes.