Subject: Re: networking, was Mac on Lan
To: None <fredfl2@soback.kornet.net>
From: Ken Nakata <knakata@itpjp.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/23/1999 15:08:30
On Wed, 23 Jun 1999 14:56:21 +0900 (KST), guy santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet.net> wrote:
>   So my email address would be something like this:
>
>   fredfl2@210.217.124.187 ?

Yup.

> I was thinking I would need to have the send mail daemon started in
> rc.conf. Do I need to do that?

Yes, you need to run sendmail daemon.  To shut up it from complaining
that your hostname isn't "fully qualified", though, you might have to
give your host the name "210.217.124.187" in /etc/rc.conf and
/etc/hosts (yuck).  But I'm not sure if you can do that (probably you
can but I might be wrong).

>   I don't mind having the funny email address if it is free.

Doesn't your school offer every student an email account?

Ken