Subject: Floating Point Instruction Register And As
To: NetBSD/mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Finnell <andyf@vei.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/22/1999 17:50:36
I'm having a little trouble referencing the floating point instruction
register when using as.  According to Motorola's 68k PM, the register is
called fpiar, and can be read and written to using the fmovel
instruction.  However when I try to do this (either read or write), as
complains that there is a instruction/operand mismatch.  I soon found
that the assembler doesn't recongize fpiar as a fp register.  Does
anyone know what as calls the floating point instruction register?  I
can't think of any C code I could compile down that would modify the
fpiar explicitly.

Thanks in advance,

	-andy