Subject: Re: Asante & IIci cache card
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
From: Ulrich Hausmann <ulrich.hausmann@a2e.hp.shuttle.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/22/1999 16:04:59
Allen,

very surprising result: As said before, under MacOS (8.1 german) the
card works fine in the IIsi (17 MB, Nubus adapter with FPU integrated).
Now, what I got in Macsbug:

(dm feed0000)
 Displaying memory from feed0000

  Unable to access that address
  PC: 021F4F66
  Frame Type: B008

(sb feed0000 FF)

  Unable to access that address
  PC: 021F5822
  Frame Type: A008

(dm feed0000)
 Displaying memory from feed0000

  Unable to access that address
  PC: 021F4F66
  Frame Type: B008

(sb feed0000 00)

  Unable to access that address
  PC: 021F5822
  Frame Type: A008

Pretty much clueless, but, guessing in the dark, 2 things come up to my
mind:

1) the IIsi has 1 MB ram soldered onboard (differently from the IIci)
2) the card is connected - in some way (the Nubus adapter) - to the pds
slot. May be that has different buffering/memory management (?).

TIA, Ulrich