Subject: Re: Why don't my MacIIci boot ?
To: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
From: Shigeyuki Miyagi <miyagi@sys.i.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/22/1999 20:28:16
thanks, Sunagawa san.

I try to explain my situation as detailed as possibly.

> - If you installed KanjiTalk with minimal install, that may
> be the problem.

First, I installed KanjiTalk 7.5.
After that, I applied KanjiTalk 7.5.3 update kit
which is distributed by Apple Japan through their ftp site.

I selected "Easy Install" button(it was displaied "kani install" in Japanese)
when I installed KanjiTalk 7.5.
I didn't use the custom install.
There was no choise when I installed KanjiTalk 7.5.3 update kit.
I just pressed install button.

> - Don't you install a kind of 'RAM Doubler' or 'RAM Charger'
> or something similar to it, do you?

No, I don't use it.

> - Is your video board supported one?

Now I use the internal video.
I suspected that a video extention board caused the problem,
so that it was removed.

> - What is your booter configuration?

It is default except followings.

RAM size is setted 20MB, and auto RAM size detect is also enabled.

Check Don't disable VBL interrupts on video card

set GMT bias to 540 minutes

set debugging level to 1

> - What if your disk driver?

I don't know what means disk driver in Mac.
I seted up and partition my hard disk with HD SC setup 7.3.5
which was patched by using ResEdit 2.1.3.
The wfwr ID 67 was modified to FF.

I undrestand HD SC setup place the driver in the top part of my hard drive.
That's right ?

> Strange...  I'm using MacIIci booted from KanjiTalk 7.5.3
> with plenty of extensinos now.  My system is 1.4.

You got it.
I cannot beleve my MacIIci don't boot.

	Shigeyuki Miyagi
	Dept. of Systems Science, Graduate School of Informatics, Kyoto Univ.
	E-mail: miyagi@sys.i.kyoto-u.ac.jp
	http://www.msys.sys.i.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~miyagi
	tel. +81-75-753-5509   fax. +81-75-761-2437