Subject: Re: Asante & IIci cache card
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ulrich Hausmann <ulrich.hausmann@a2e.hp.shuttle.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/20/1999 19:49:53
Allen,

finally, I did what you suggested (including Colin's correction re the
"wb" command ("sb" is the correct one). And here are the results:

(dm FEED0000)
Displaying memory from FEED0000
 FEED0000  0000 FF00 0000 FF80  0000 FFD6 0000 FF00 *******=C4***=F7***
(sb FEED0000 FF)
Memory set starting at FEED0000
(dm FEED0000)
Displaying memory from FEED0000
 FEED0000  0000 FF00 0000 FF80  0000 FFD6 0000 FF00 *******=C4***=F7***
(sb FEED0000 00)
Memory set starting at FEED0000
(dm FEED0000)
Displaying memory from FEED0000
 FEED0000  0000 FF00 0000 FF80  0000 FFD6 0000 FF00 *******=C4***=F7***

Now, I doubt, the last esoteric characters will come thru correctly:
they are, on the german keyboard the equivalents of (13) Option-=FC
(=3Du+umlaut), (1) A+umlaut, and (1) option-shift+dot.

At the same time I checked the hex and ascii values values in ProTERM,
changing the keyboard to american, and I got this:
option+u+umlaut (american keyboard: option+8)  =3D $A5, 165
A+umlaut (american keyboard: option-u+A) =3D $80, 128
option+shift+dot (american keyboard: option+slash) =3D $D6, 214

In any case, I made a screenshot and a stdlog, I'll attach to the mail
to your address.

Hope you'll be able to see a bit clearer and thanks in any case for any
help.

Kind regards, Ulrich