Subject: Re: More m68k Asm
To: Andy Finnell <andyf@vei.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/19/1999 16:23:03
Andy Finnell wrote:
> First off, so I don't have to keep sending asm questions to this group,
> does anyone know where I can find the m68k Programmer's Manual from
> Motorola?  I've searched their website for it, but I can't even find a
> reference to it.  Its id is M68000PM/AD.  The only reason I know it
> exists is that the user's manual keeps refering to it for the info I
> need.  If anyone has it in electronic form of some kind, I would be very
> appreciative if they sent it to me.

wow, it looks like it's totally gone now.  i used to be able to find it,
but no more, i guess...fortunately for you, i have a copy and have put it
up for ftp:

ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/NetBSD/docs/pdf/68kprm.pdf

> Secondly,  I have a specific m68k asm question.  What are the calling
> conventions for 68k asm, assuming I want a C function?  I need to be
> able to get the only parameter that was passed into me, and use it as an
> address to a block of data on the stack.

you got me on this one, although you can always just compile a simple C
program and see what gcc does with it.  i think 'gcc -S' is what you want
(although it might be 'gcc -s').

later.

colin