Subject: RE: re: Of mice and men
To: None <fredfl2@soback.kornet.net>
From: Steve Revilak <revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/18/1999 01:24:19
Guy wrote:

/  I found a mouse by microspeed, called mouse deluxe.  But I'm afraid to order
/ it becaus I haven't heard anyone else say they are using with NetBSD.  I saw it
/ for sale at provantage.com.  If it says it works on the ADB shouldn't work
/ with NetBSD?

The MD-300, right?  This was the model my original post was referring
to.  It's listed among the working models on macbsd's harwards pages.
Contacting the gentleman listed next to the entry, it turns out that he
was using it with NetBSD 1.2 and it only marginally worked.

However, Colin Wood was optimistic in suggesting that it probably
wouldn't be too hard to iron out any kinks.  Then again, things have
come a long way since 1.2

One possible vendor is MicroSpeed themselves -- or at least I remember
seeing a price list on their web site.  I had contacted MacConnection
about a purchase -- they carry the MicroSpeed model, but are backordered
3 weeks.

Roger Fischer had the best solution (in my case):  Try CompUsa's on-line
store.  (Which I had never considered... I always thought of Compusa as
the "place next to the car wash way over in Brighton...")

www.compusanet.com still lists the macpoint pro A3 ($34.95), but again,
there currently a three week backorder.  Hopefully, I'll have a new
mouse toward the begining of July.  I say "hopefully" because although
they claim to be able to get the A3's, no other mail order outfit in
existence seems to have that ability (I called perhaps half a dozen).

But then again, Compuse is "America's computer stupor-store", right? :-)

Thanks for all of the responses!

Steve