Subject: Re: video/radius
To: None <fb@enteract.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/17/1999 15:48:27
Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, -=>[Francois SCALA]<=- wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> >
> > > If that's the bug that's biting you, you can always "cpout netbsd
> > > netbsd" from the Minishell, and then use the option in the Booter to
> > > boot from a MacOS file. The scsi id still has to be set correctly for
> > > the kernel to find the file-system. Even if it isn't, you'll get
> > > further than you are getting now.
> >
> > I have already booted from an MacOS file, but i would like to have an bsd
> > working without MacOS.
>
> Pleas try "ls -il /netbsd; mv /netbsd /netbsd~; cp -p /netbsd~
> /netbsd; rm /netbsd~; ls -il /netbsd". And take a look at pr7609.
> Emmanuel Dreyfus and I first noticed this when building kernels on 2G
> partititons. If that works for you, it would be the first time that
> anyone's reported such a problem with the installer.

i have seen a similar problem whilst playing with sysinst, especially
since it generates the newer-style ffs partitions instead of the older ufs
partitions.  it seemed that inodes past the first 100 or so would
occasionally cause problems.  i'm not quite sure why, since my current
kernels are at inodes in the upper 200's....

later.

colin