Subject: Re: Many MacIIci and 1.4 problems
To: None <fb@enteract.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/17/1999 10:49:10
Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, Andy Finnell wrote:
>
> > Thanks for all the help.  Swapping the regular kernel for GENERICSBC did
> > the trick though.  The odd thing is I could use the regular kernel in
> > 1.3.3 without any problems.
>
> There is no GENERICSBC config in the sup'd sources to inspect, but I
> bet it's stripped down. Is that kernel smaller than the other one?

it's not stripped down.  the only difference between the 2 kernels is
which line in the config file out of "sbc0 at obio0" or
"ncrscsi0 at obio0" is commented out.  this can result in a small size
difference, tho, since i believe the sbc driver code is slightly smaller
than the ncrscsi driver code.

later.

colin