Subject: Re: Hardware question - drive case.
To: cruller@unicom.net, macbsd <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ryan Ordway <sammael@pacifier.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/15/1999 12:45:49
At 9:43 AM -0700 6/15/99, cruller@unicom.net wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>This will be used for NetBSD so it's only slightly off topic :).
>
>I've got an old Mac II I was going to use as a netbsd IPNat box but am
>unwilling to spend _any_ money to upgrade it with an mmu.  Instead I
>would like to gut the box save for the power supply and turn in into an
>external drive farm that could hold 4 to 5 hard disks.  The power supply
>has a wire bundle that contains something like 5 red, 5 black, and I
>_think_?  one or two control wires(white & yellow) to turn it on & off.
>Has anyone tried  something like this before?

	I actually have instructions on how to do it. I found them on a
website somewhere or other and thought it was a cool idea, but I've never
had the time or tools to try it. I can forward it to you if you like. It's
actually instructions for doing it with a PC case, but you should be able
to translate them fairly easily. It includes pinouts and hardware lists.
Let me know if you want it and I'll try to find it. :-)

	Ryan
--
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!