Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: a new snapshot]
To: None <ender@macbsd.com>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/11/1999 12:56:51
On Fri, 11 Jun 1999, Colin Wood wrote:

> > > that's a long-standing problem that results from a hack in the MRG
> > > support.
> >
> > I didn't know. I thought it was significative. Doesn't gcc have a
> > #pragma to disable warnings locally?
>
> hmmm....maybe.  i don't really know.  i guess i'll have to go dig through
> the man pages...

I'm not sure what gcc has to do with this...

The early code had a timing bug with (IIRC) the IIsi's adb.  To make it
work, someone stuck in code to echo a couple of backspaces.  This has
been there _forever_.

In my SLOTMAN code, I've actually made this a bit less intrusive by
changing the first backspace to a space.  So now it prints a space and
then backspaces over the one it just printed, leaving no noticeable
trail!

| Paul Goyette      | PGP DSS Key fingerprint:   | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Engineer  |   BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker |   91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 |  pgoyette@juniper.net |