Subject: Re: Quicktime 4 and NetBSD IPNAT
To: None <yves@vlaanderen.net>
From: Chris Brown <chrsbrwn@mindspring.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/10/1999 10:02:59
yves@vlaanderen.net wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using a RTSP proxy on my Linux gateway. I think it should compile on
> ***BSD too....
>
> pointer:
>
> http://www.apple.com/quicktime/developers/rtspproxy.html
>
> -Yves

Yeah, I know about that...the problem is, the code is _extremely_
dependent on pthreads support. At the moment, pthreads doesn't work on
netbsd-mac68k (somebody please correct me if I am wrong!)

My C skills aren't nearly up to trying to port it, so I went with the
solution I posted. It's not as general as the apple proxy (it only
supports one computer on the internal network, whereas the RTSP proxy
works with multiple computers), but it works.

--
Chris Brown -- Macintosh networking/Web development
<chrsbrwn@mindspring.com> <http://www.mindspring.com/~chrsbrwn>