Subject: Re: perl install test failed ipc
To: Christoph Badura <bad@ora.de>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/09/1999 07:49:06
On Wed 09 Jun 1999, Christoph Badura wrote:
> >> I am installing PERL 5.005_3 on NetBSD 1.4 Mac68k.
> >Was this from the package? /usr/pkgsrc/lang/perl5
>
> Can't be as the package is still at 5.004_04.
>
> >> I ran into this error when running the tests:
> >> lib/ipc_sysv........msgget failed: No space left on device
> >?? That's an unusual error message.
>
> Maybe the SysV ipc crap isn't configured into the kernel or misconfigured or
> something.

If I recall it right, the test fails with with something like unimplemented
system call when sysV ipc is not configured. When this happens, the package
itself suggests that you might have a kernel without ipc. The no-space
message does not sound familiar. I have built the same package on a vanilla
NetBSD/atari-1.4C without problems.

Leo.