Subject: Re: Xcolor and no mouse ?
To: Niels S. Eliasen <nse@ruc.dk>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/06/1999 15:36:44
Niels S. Eliasen wrote:
> Have downloaded the latest kernel and voila! the mouse works!
> hmmmm....

cool!  i think...

> dmesg says is a 1-button 100 DPI mouse, which I presume is a very generic
> mousedriver.
>
> That's ok to get things working, but as the mouse is a two-button "noname"
> 400 DPI I would like to get the two-buttons to work and the additional 300
> DPI..
>
> anyone that can point me in the right direction?

get a copy of ADBProbe off of Apple's developer website/ftp server.  it
should let you play with the mouse in ways that are currently hard to do
under NetBSD.  if you're lucky, the mouse is supported by "classic" mouse
protocol which allows 2 buttons and at least 200dpi if not more.  if
that's the case, you might try switching the handler id to 0x2 instead of
0x1 and see if that works (ISTR a listen R3 command with 0x2 in the
data field will do this).  if that doesn't work, you'll have to get it
into 2-button/400dpi mode under MacOS, take a look at the handler id, and
then figure out how it encodes the buttons (and hopefully it won't be as a
psuedo-keyboard!).

> I won't comment on the "are you sure it's firmly plugged in?" .... ;-)

well, you know, you just have to ask ;-)

later.

colin