Subject: Re: QuadraLink (was: Re: macbsd.com upgrade)
To: John Valdes <valdes@macavity.uchicago.edu>
From: Ryan Ordway <sammael@pacifier.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/06/1999 13:29:38
At 4:19 PM -0700 6/5/99, John Valdes wrote:
>Allen Briggs writes:
>> Ryan Ordway <sammael@pacifier.com> writes:
>> > I also have an AE Shadow Quadralink 4-port serial port NuBus card sitting
>> > around that I'd love to get support for... if anyone wants to borrow it
>> > for awhile as well.
>
>Is that any different from the AE Quadralink 4-port serial card?  Ie,
>what's the significance of the "Shadow"?  I have one of these, but w/o
>"Shadow" in the name.

	Same card as far as I know. I just remember that the MacOS control
panel and extension stuff had the name AE Shadow on them.

>> What does this card look like?  Can you get the chip information off it
>> and send that to me?  Just a list of what the larger chips on the card
>> are...
>
>I don't know about the Shadow Quadralink, but mine has two Zilog Z8530
>UARTs (Z85C3008PSC to be exact...).  There are no other major chips on
>the board (eg, no CPUs).  The other chips are:

	I'm pretty sure it's the same card, but I'll check it once I get
ahold of it again. I've been letting a friend borrow my Q900 which has the
card in it still.

>Coincidently, I just inventoried my card yesterday as a prelude to
>hacking together a driver for it.  Any help would be greatly
>appreciated though... :)

	Woo! That would be GREAT, I've been looking to use a NetBSD machine
as a PPP server and 6 modems would be alot better than 2!

	Ryan

--
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!