Subject: Re: First BSD system
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.org>
From: Ulrich Hausmann <ulrich.hausmann@a2e.hp.shuttle.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/06/1999 09:55:06
Mike,

the LC II cannot take (for some reason I don't know - but it's hardware in
any case) more than 12 MB (there are also bigger 30 pin simms), but it
works nicely with RamDoubler and addresses - then - 24 MB ram. I know that
for sure since I set up recently an LC II as simple mail machine for a
niece.

Yep to the iMac. The first revisions still had the slot in heritage from
the PB board (and the german Formac made an scsi adapter for it), but the
newer ones don't. May be for schools and universities a not expandable
closed box without any other writeable drive than hd is the better option?

Best regards, Ulrich