Subject: QuadraLink (was: Re: macbsd.com upgrade)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: John Valdes <valdes@macavity.uchicago.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/05/1999 18:19:41
Allen Briggs writes:
> Ryan Ordway <sammael@pacifier.com> writes:
> > I also have an AE Shadow Quadralink 4-port serial port NuBus card sitting
> > around that I'd love to get support for... if anyone wants to borrow it
> > for awhile as well.

Is that any different from the AE Quadralink 4-port serial card?  Ie,
what's the significance of the "Shadow"?  I have one of these, but w/o
"Shadow" in the name.

> What does this card look like?  Can you get the chip information off it
> and send that to me?  Just a list of what the larger chips on the card
> are...

I don't know about the Shadow Quadralink, but mine has two Zilog Z8530
UARTs (Z85C3008PSC to be exact...).  There are no other major chips on
the board (eg, no CPUs).  The other chips are:

  AMD AM26LS30 (one per port)
  TI SN75195N (one per port)
  Mot MC74F521N (one)
  TI SN74ALS651NT (one)
  TI SN74ALS534AN (two)
  TI SN74ALS74AN (one)
  ??  74F125

plus a couple of (E)PROMs, various resistor packs and a 3.6864MHz
oscillator.

Coincidently, I just inventoried my card yesterday as a prelude to
hacking together a driver for it.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated though... :)

Using MacsBug and the Slots program, I've located the control and data
registers on the UARTs, and know how to read these off the card via
the sResource dir.  That's as far as I've gotten so far, though.

John