Subject: Re: Serial Port Speed Issues
To: Marc-Oliver Straub <Straub@sb-software.de>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/04/1999 11:42:00
On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Marc-Oliver Straub wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I've a Centris 650 running with NetBSD 1.4.
> My ISDN modem would accept a serial line speed of 115200 bps, but if I
> enter this value in the appropriate field in the Booter application,
> NetBSD comes up with only 9600 bps on this port. How can I set the
> correct value?

Right now, the serial ports are coded to not support anything higher than
57600. Mainly as I haven't added code to make the max rate machine
dependent (I doubt non-040 machines will handle 115200, and I don't want
people to complain that it doesn't work :-)  If you can compile a kernel,
I can tell you what to change.

> Another question:
> On the new B&W G3 machines, I'cant access USB devices like ISDN adapters
> from MkLinux or NetBSD/ppc, can I?

It would depend on what the ISDN adapter called itself. I'm not sure.

Take care,

Bill