Subject: RE: lrz (was RE: ZTerm)
To: Steve Allen <allen@doobie.itdl.ds.boeing.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/03/1999 15:03:52
On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Steve Allen wrote:

> (Catching up on mail backlog....)
>
> On May 31,  7:55am, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> >
> >The rz/sz man page used to say "rz/sz is meant to work with comm
> >programs, no act like one." At least I thought it was in the man page,
> >but I can't find it there now, either. Sorry.
>
>      DESCRIPTION
>           This program uses error correcting protocols to receive
>           files over a dial-in serial port from a variety of programs
>           running under PC-DOS, CP/M, Unix, and other operating
>           systems.  It is invoked from a shell prompt manually, or
>           automatically as a result of an "sz file ..." command given
>           to the calling program.

Yeah. I missed the part about Zterm. "kermit" is the answer to the
wrong question.

I used to use Zterm to download _from_ a FreeBSD machine over modem to
a Mac, but I got bothered by the fact that Zterm would hang up the
phone whenever you opened a menu. Zmodem was nice, in that you could
resume downloading an interrupted transfer, except that you often
ended up with a corrupted file. PPP-Ftp-Telnet are just so much nicer.