Subject: Re: ASM Questions
To: Isaiah Norton <inorton@mcg.iasd.gcisa.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/01/1999 15:10:17
Isaiah Norton wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Does comp.tgz include an assembler? If so then what language or
> ? does it speak (I'm a bit new to assembly). Thanks in advance.

yes, /usr/bin/gas.  it speaks whatever you want it to speak, really, but
given the way we compile it, it speaks MIT-syntax m68k assembly (i think,
at least i'm pretty sure it's not motorola syntax).  i'm fairly sure it
can be setup to produce whatever kind of binaries you want, tho, if you
compile it yourself.  all the various netbsd ports use it, so it's pretty
portable :-)

if you want more info on it, i'd suggest getting a copy of the texinfo
docs for it from the gnu ftp site.

i hope this helps some.

later.

colin