Subject: Re: keyboard problem or 1.4 problem
To: Niels S. Eliasen <nse@ruc.dk>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/01/1999 10:25:54
Niels S. Eliasen wrote:
> Just my two bits....
>
> I have just installed the 1.4 tree on my 660AV box and noticed the CAPS
> lock problem, but the funny thing was testing the previous beta-versions of
> the kernel I had the same problem for the SBC kernel, but no CAPS lock for
> the generic kernel...
> I just thought this was an minor difference in order to distinguish between
> the kernels when booting... appearently not so! or ?

the difference between the GENERIC and GENERICSBC kernels is a _SCSI_
driver for '030-based macs.  how strange.  maybe this is somehow another
symptom of the hang at boot problem.  has anyone seen this problem while
using the MRG ADB driver or is this only a problem with the hardware
direct driver?

btw, i cannot reproduce this on my Q840AV under a 1.4A kernel...

later.

colin