Subject: Re: PostgreSQL installed OK
To: Sergey N. Ivanov <seriv@glasnet.ru>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/29/1999 14:50:55
At 1:43 PM -0700 5/29/99, Sergey N. Ivanov wrote:
>The matter was with corrupted /bin utils. I reinstalled base.tgz and
>postgres installed without any error.

Glad you found the problem.  I admit the errors you posted from the failed
install stumped me.

I suggest you look through the failed regression tests a bit.  Some tests
are expected to fail.  Some integer divide-by-zero error messages are
phrased differently.  Geometry is prone to roundoff errors.  Many dates in
horology fail because they test obscure changes in daylight savings time
laws, e.g. during World War II in the USA.  On the other hand I found that
'now' - 'current' gave an answer of more than 200 days in the current 6.4.2
MacBSD port, which I think is serious.  (Serious in effect, probably not in
fix difficulty.  I wish I had time to look at it myself.)

For further problems you may get more help from the Postgres mailing lists.
Two specific developers to perhaps contact would be Vadim Mikheev if
language were a problem (your english is pretty good), or Thomas Lockhart
because he did the time routines.