Subject: Chance to help newbies
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Knight <dknight@bakerbooks.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/29/1999 07:49:28
I've begun a new mailing list, MaX, for people who want to run BSD,
Linux, etc. on Macintosh hardware. The list has over 100 subscribers,
several experienced Unix (etc.) users, but very few who have a
Unix-derived OS up and running on Mac hardware.

Like me, it's something they want to do, but getting started is pretty
daunting.

If anyone on the list would like to join the list and help out newbies,
send an email to <max-on@reformed.net> to activate a subscription.

BTW, in a week or so lurking on this list, I've learned some interesting
things even though I don't speak Unix. Especially appreciated the
discussion on the 5200/6200 as a Quadra 630 with a built in PPC upgrade.
It's a point made on my Macintosh Online Technical Journal and Road Apple
sections -- but never phrased quite so succinctly as here.

Back to lurker mode.

Dan Knight, Mac Advocate                    dknight@reformed.net
  Low End Mac                 <http://lowendmac.com/index.shtml>
  the iMac channel       <http://lowendmac.com/imac/index.shtml>

  "In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man,
 it seems unfair that He did not also limit his stupidity."
                                               - Konrad Adenauer