Subject: Re: linux-mac68k vs port-mac68k
To: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/26/1999 23:09:08
> I'm not trying to start any arguments.  But, I was wondering if
> any one has tried that linux for the mac68k.
> I was wondering how far along they are.  My guess would be that
> NetBSD is the better bet for the mac68k as theirs is a newer
> project.

FWIW, I've been reading the linux-mac68k mailing list, and they're
making a lot of progress.  There seem to be at least a handful of
developers hacking on the port.  If some of the NetBSD/mac68k hackers
worked with them, I'm sure that both systems would benefit from the
attention.

As I've said in the past, folks should feel free to jump in to help--no
matter how much you know.  If you're interested in learning, there's
certainly plenty of opportunity for it!

> As far as stability and ease of installation is NetBSD ahead of
> linux on the mac68k?

I think NetBSD has the edge in stability.  For now.  ;-)

-allen