Subject: Re: How should I build Postgres?
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/26/1999 11:26:42
At 11:18 AM -0700 5/25/99, Bill Studenmund wrote:
>On Tue, 25 May 1999, Sergey Ivanov wrote:
>
>> I tried install it from NetBSD package collection and failed. Will
>> anybody help me?
>
>How did it fail?

My guess is that it failed because the package collection hasn't yet been
updated with the m68k patches.  Postgres reportedly works fine on the x86
and SPARC NetBSD ports.  The patches will be included in the (real soon
now) 6.5 release.  In the mean time you can get the 6.4.2 release and apply
the patches, and then follow the Postgres install instructions.  The
install document is pretty comprehensive so you would want to use it even
if the package collection worked, I think.

You can get a copy of the patches and the Postgres 6.4.2 release from
ftp://macbsd.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/users/hotz/.  They both should also be on the
www.postgresql.org site, but the relevant patch may be a touch obscure.

As noted in my earlier email there is still a serious problem with time
intervals.  If this is important to you, you may want to contact Tom
Lockhart at lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu, or the relevant PostgreSQL list
for help.  Tom has an account and local access to a MacBSD machine so he
should be able to find the problem if anyone can.