Subject: Re: Can't install any package
To: D. Gassen <gadi0013@fh-karlsruhe.de>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/25/1999 17:14:46
The command

	find . -name "*install*"

will not find files that start with `.'  Names that start with `.' are
"hidden" and don't show up unless you explicity look for them.  If you
use the command

	ls -a

it will show you everything in the directory (-a --> ALL).

To install the pkgtools package, you should cd to the top directory of
the package:

	cd /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools

and then

	make clean && make install

If that doesn't work, send us _everything_ that shows up on your
terminal window.  EVERYTHING!