Subject: Re: your mail
To: Song Jungho <jhsong@dwip.dwe.co.kr>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/24/1999 14:23:06
Song Jungho wrote:
How do you do?
My  name is jeong-ho Song.
I'm from korea(south)
I'm very interested in linux, macbsd.

by the way, I have installed macbsd1.4 last week. but It doesn't work. It
hangs
lieving this message "...sd01 dumps sd0b"
below is my system specification.

hardware: lc2, 6M RAM, 2M video RAM, 540MBYTE(quantum, maveric540), no
FPU.

software  : the first "partition system 7.5", the second partition "root &
user
slice", and the third partition "swap slice".

I made a netbsd-file system succesfully with mkfs1.45.
I set turning off ram-doubler, black&white mode, 32bit addressing.
and I booted from macbsd-partition.
When I booted from booter.
the screen was full of description that describe detect devices.
and then system is hangs on. ("...on sd0a dumps sd0b" )  ..zzz
How can I log in to my pretty lcii ?

i'm thinking that perhaps you're /etc/fstab is a little screwed up.  you
might try recreating it by doing an 'fstab force' from the installer's
minishell.  of course, i'm just grasping at straws here...

also, can you're machine boot into single-user?

btw, 6MB of RAM is a little tight for recent NetBSD kernels (although i
don't think you'll hang b/c of it).

later.

colin