Subject: Help with" make && make install"
To: port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: greg walsh <gwalsh@artec.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/20/1999 18:21:06
Howdy

I've got NetBSD 1.4 running on an 840av.  I just downloaded and
untarred the current pkgsrc.tar.gz on my NetBSD hard drive in the usr
partition.  This is my first attempt to install *any* packages, and
this portion went fine.

But when I try to build a package it fails, giving me the message:

line 318: could not find bsd.own.mk
../../mk/bsd.pkg.mk

I've looked in /usr/pkgsrc/mk and don't see any such file.

There is no mention of it in "mk.conf.example", in "Package.txt", in
the FAQ, or any other documentation that I've seen.  Is this a path
problem?  It seems as if the "make" command is finding the path to the
mk directory OK.

Am I missing a file?  On the 1.3.2 distribution CD there is a file
BSD_OWN.MK in the mk folder.  Is this missing in the current
pkgsrc.tar.gz?  Is it just someplace that I can't locate?

I'm a unix newbie, and this is probably a simple solution, but I
couldn't find it

Oh... One more question.  Is there a "prefered" window manger of
Xwindows.  There are several in the pkgsrc and I'm not familiar with
any of them.  I can imagine this being just personal preference, but if
one is more full featured and/or stable on a mac I'd appreciate some
feedback on it.

Thanks

----
greg walsh ::  Artec Communications