Subject: Re: Swap and foreign keyboards ?
To: Niels S. Eliasen <nse@ruc.dk>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/19/1999 15:05:28
Niels S. Eliasen wrote:
> >> Hello
> >>
> >> I have installed the 1.4 Beta a litte more than a week ago... and so far I
> >> am quite impressed!!!
> >>
> >> 2 questions though:
> >>
> >> 1. I have a swap partition on sd0b and swapctl claims that "Device is not
> >> configured" ...
> >> This baffles me! Especially as the Installer is "1.1g"
> >> BTW: I have two disks in the system....
> >
> >what does your /etc/fstab look like?  what does a 'disklabel sd0' show?
>
> fstab looks a standard run-of-the-mill fstab, ie. everything on "sd0?"
> which means swap on sd0b, and as I do not have a "sd0b" for swap but have
> the entire "sd0" disk(SCSI-id 0) for "root&usr&var" then swap is definitely
> not setup.

then you need to remove the swap on sd0b line from your /etc/fstab.
that's probably what's hanging it.  swapctl is expecting a swap device and
then cannot find one...

> I have an additional "sd1" disk where I have the "startup disk" for
> MacOS(SCSI-id 2) and and a slice of 60MB set up though Silverlining to act
> as the swap device
> disklabel for the sd0 disk is "fictitious" and the second time I ran
> disklabel for the sd1 disk the system panic'ed .....

change your /etc fstab to have swap on sd1b.

> Any ideas?
> BTW: should "fstab force" produce a new /etc/fstab for me ? I cannot find
> the "fstab" command anywhere...

only in the installer's minishell.  choosing "build devices" from the
menu should also create one.  from within netbsd you just have to
create one.

later.

colin