Subject: RE:NetBSD vs. linux mac68k
To: None <jope@n2h2.com>
From: Ken Nakata <knakata@itpjp.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/18/1999 11:17:51
On Mon, 17 May 1999 18:48:23 +0000 (GMT), El JoPe Magnifico wrote:

> PS... if any headway has been made in NetBSD being able to co-exist with
> Linux on the same machine (kept grabbing the wrong root partition when
> last I tried; boot variable available to explicitly specify it?), I still
> have partitions on my drive formatted for that purpose.

This is not going to happen unless we both get together and agree upon
a common partition naming scheme that can tell which partitions are
whose.  The hard part is that scheme has to be compatible and
consistent with each system's old scheme which directly conflicts.

My guess is that it's possible, but I haven't given much thought about
it...

Ken