Subject: Re: Mozilla not letting me enter a URL?
To: Roger Fischer <roger@badger1.net>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/16/1999 13:23:38
On Sun, 16 May 1999, Roger Fischer wrote:
> After recently upgrading my MacBSD system from 1.3.2 to 1.4,
> I decided to download and install the precompiled 1.3.3 binary
> for Mozilla.

Is this the mozilla binary I compiled? (I don't think there are any
other ones, but I'm not sure...)

> It seems strange that I can enter a url, but when I hit return,
> nothing happens.  Clicking links works, but I can't go directly
> to a website.  Has anybody else seen this behavior or know how
> to fix it?

Hmmm, that's strange... entering URLs used to work, although I haven't
tried running that mozilla in a long time. Maybe something in the 1.4 X
server changed to break it? If you're running the standard 1.4 server,
you might try the OSFA server out. Ken Nakata posted the URL for it a
couple days ago; it's not the one on netbsd.org or macbsd.com, but on a
site in Japan.

BTW, I've finally been able to get the latest version of mozilla
compiled and running... unfortunately, I think it's almost unusably slow
:( It takes minutes to start up on my 660av, and displaying pages takes
a while too (although not too bad if you have a lot of patience :) And
JPEG and PNG display is broken for some reason :( Those are all problems
with the Unix version in general, BTW... not something mac-specific.
Even the Linux precompiled M5 binary running on a Linux box won't
display JPEGs/PNGs... anyways, hopefully they'll get that fixed soon :)
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 23 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++