Subject: Re: PowerBook 540c
To: None <jeff@basis.org>
From: Ken Nakata <knakata@itpjp.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/13/1999 12:33:51
On Wed, 12 May 1999 16:39:58 -0700, Jeff Muller wrote:

> As per the Allen Briggs' FPU and the LC40 document I installed the John Neil
> Associates SoftwareFPU without any problem.

????  What is this "Allen Briggs' FPU and the LC40 document"?  AFAIK,
there's no such thing.  The closest thing I can think of is my "LC040
and *BSD" page on Allen's Web server, www.macbsd.com, but it does not
tell you to install JNA's SoftwareFPU (although it does tell you that
it is one of the ways to determin if you got the broken LC040).

> The main reason I'm asking is that I was able to boot a kernel on it but
> after setting the root partition, dump partition and root filesystem the
> machine hung.  Is this an indicative of a LC40 or could it be something
> else?

The LC040 does not hang your machine.  Well, not usually.  Can you try
a newer snapshot?

Ken