Subject: PowerBook 540c
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Muller <jeff@basis.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/12/1999 16:39:58
Hello,

I'm trying to get NetBSD working on a 540c.  However, I'm not sure if it has
an 040 or and 0LC40.  It's not mine so I can't rip it apart.  I'm not that
familiar with the machine and the doc's I've been able to find haven't been
that helpful.

As per the Allen Briggs' FPU and the LC40 document I installed the John Neil
Associates SoftwareFPU without any problem.

Is there any way I can determine the machine specs without ripping off the
case.

The main reason I'm asking is that I was able to boot a kernel on it but
after setting the root partition, dump partition and root filesystem the
machine hung.  Is this an indicative of a LC40 or could it be something
else?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff