Subject: Re: NetBSD1.3.3 on SyQuest doesn't work
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Masaya SATO <masaya@iwate-u.ac.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/20/1999 14:29:06
Hello.
I'm very happy because my NetBSD1.3.3 on SyQuest has worked!

I tried following suggestion which someone gave me by E-mail directly.

>  Try SBC kernel if you're using GENERIC one.  Seems we, mac68k ports on
>030+small drive or removable would be better off with SBC rather than
>GENERIC.

What I exactly did are:
1. ran Mkfs and converted each partition to a type NetBSD can understand.
2. reformatted a 80MB NetBSD Root&Usr partition.
3. reinstalled base.tgz, etc.tgz and kern_sbc.tgz.

No problem has occurred since I reinstalled the SBC kernel. It's stable now.

I also thank to Mr. Revilak and Mr. Bruckman for their useful information about SyQuest drives.

My NetBSD has made an advance, however, I know it's just started.
Anyway, I just would like to enjoy NetBSD/mac68k.
Thank you.

Masaya SATO