Subject: Re: GENERIC-104 on PB not finding serial ports
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Douglas R. Troeger <dtroeger@ix.netcom.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/14/1999 08:58:08
Thanks!  But it still does not work.

I should have included in my original posting that
the same modem, with the same cable, and the
same chat script, work perfectly under NetBSD
1.3.3 on my SE/30.

I nonetheless tried various modem initialization
strings, both with crtscts and nocrtscts, on the
PB.  The ATZ string just locks the port
(ps -aux  shows the process, which does not
respond to kill -9); other strings
(AT&D0, AT&F, AT&F&C1&D0&Q5)
yield a message back from chat

chat[pid] Can't get terminal parameters:
 Operation not supported by device.

The device is a Hayes modem; these strings
all work from the SE/30.

Doug